SOC 2 Compliance Certification: AccuTitle is proud to be partnered with SOC2 certified data centers within SOC2 certified physical facilities.SOC 2 (Service Organization Control) is an auditing procedure that focuses on your service provider’s ability to securely manage data and protect the interests of your business and your client’s privacy. According to the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA),in order to be issued SOC 2 certification, an organization must maintain 5 trust principles:
- Security: refers to the tools put in place to protect data and system resources against unauthorized users, abuse of software, and unapproved removal or altering of data.
- Availability: ensures that the information and systems being used to house your data is accessible for operation, monitoring, maintenance, and is up to your expectations based on the agreement put in place.
- Processing integrity: Addresses that the system is processing data in a complete, valid, accurate, timely, and authorized manner to meet the needs of the user.
- Confidentiality: refers to the required agreement issued by the service provider that addresses how your information is being used, who has access to it, and how it is being protected.
- Privacy: Specifically addresses how personal information can be collected, used, retained, and disposed of. Any personal identifiable information (PII) is considered sensitive and requires controls put in place to protect from unauthorized use and access.
Keep in mind, being SOC 2 compliant is not required to have a SaaS or cloud-based software, but it should be the main factor when choosing your title management platform.
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA): Using a product that contains a two-factor authentication process provides an extra layer of protection for its users. This method utilizes a second layer of verification that a proper user is attempting to access the system, thereby preventing hacking or unauthorized login attempts:
- Knowledge: something only the user would know, such as a username and password.
- Ownership: something only the user would possess to confirm authenticities, such as a secondary device or a security token. AccuTitle offers the ability for a unique code to be transmitted to a cell phone via text, or an email address as part of each user’s setup.
By requiring a second form of identification, the risk of a cyber-attack on your data and other sensitive information is significantly reduced. Not only does two-factor authentication provide increased security benefits, but it also allows for your business to increase flexibility and productivity, reduce helpdesk costs, and protect against identify theft or fraud.
Role-Based Permission Structure: Rather than all users in an organization having unlimited access to all file data, a role-based permission structure allows for specific users to have access to particular capabilities based on their role within the organization. Security is more easily maintained by limiting access to sensitive data to those who require this information to perform their day-to-day responsibilities. By implementing a role-based permissions structure, your title software is providing a streamlined approach to your business workflow.
Secure Document Portal: AccuTitle offers a consumer access portal where agents make select documents and data available to the parties in a transaction via a secure environment. Documents in the client’s file may be marked as containing Non-Public Information (NPI) to prevent the unknowing distribution of sensitive materials. Within the Consumer Portal l, agents have the ability to increase productivity by easily sharing information and receiving information at any time.
At AccuTitle, we take your data security seriously. We exhaust every option when combating hacking, wire fraud and other threats to privacy to make our software the most secure option for your business. By remaining SOC 2 affiliated, offering a two-factor authentication login system, a role-based permission structure, and our secure consumer portal, we take on the job of keeping your data secure, so you don’t have to! Learn more about our security features by reaching out to us at (877)-354-1170 or find us at www.accutitle.com.